środa, 11 maja 2011

a cake fail and cute almond cookies

I wanted to post a nice recipe for a coconut cake yesterday. so I attempted to create one and sadly it didn't come as planned- it was much too moist and didn't set up properly, the taste was nice though, so I think it will just need some tweaking. so you can expect the recipe sometime soon! 

ok so lets talk about those almond cookies:these were yummy! and so easy to make too!
Almond cookies
140 g almond flour* (395)
60 g wheat bran (97)
4 egg whites (150g) (65)
Apple 70g (35)
sweetener
592 calories for the whole batch!!!
and over 60g of protein and over 60 grams of fiber, WHOA!  
*i used partially deffated almond flour, i'm sure the regular almond meal would be awesome too, you will just need to adjust the calories.

the recipe is super easy too: you just blend about a quarter of an apple with egg whites and sweetener, than add the wheat bran and almond flour and stir. and the dough is done! now you just bake it for 20-30 minutes or till they start to brown. I didn't bother to form round cookies because I was short on time, but I made one for the purpose of photo and it tasted much nicer, next time I'll form them all.
The results is a cookie thats soft in the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. YUM!

i'm looking for a nice low fat cheesecake idea... any recomendations?

1 komentarz:

  1. thanks for sharing. I love the fact you listed the nutritional information.

    OdpowiedzUsuń