poniedziałek, 16 maja 2011

macaroons!

so I have a confession: you probaby figured that out already, but I certainly have a sweet tooth. there is not one day that I don't eat something sweet- be it cereals with yogurt or fruit smoothie. or cookies :D

so I created those macaroons so I can have some quality sweet snack

macaroons
egg whites (3, or about 120 grams)
almond flour (60 grams)
sweetener
a pinch of salt and baking powder


THATS it!

beat egg whites with sweetener, salt, baking powder till stiff peaks are formed. add almond flour and gently fold. it's perfectly ok if it looks lumpy.
Use a spoon to pour on the baking tray. bake for about 15 minutes or till they become brownish. cool and eat!

*if you use more egg whites the result will be much more meriengue like, very delicious too!

** as far as I know the macaroons require some cream-kind of filling. I didn't do it- they are absolutely yummy without it, plus, frankly I don't have any nice idea for a nice filling. the traditional is butter with sugar, but thats just not my thing- to high in fat and calories and just too heavy. Anyone have a better idea?


Calories (I used lower fat almond flour) the whole batch: calories 224,
protein 37 grams! , Fiber almost 20 grams! Carbs less than 4,5 grams

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz