sobota, 14 maja 2011

fake whipped cream

Hi! ok so I've been on a lookout for a nice whipped cream/ice cream substitute. so I've been googling and experimenting at home. well most of them include protein powder, which btw I adore using, but am currently out. I've ordered like 5 flavours 2 weeks ago and first the flavours were missing, and now there seems to be some shipping problem. they are supposed to come monday/tuesday so you can expect to see them much more often!
anyway, back to the whipped cream: it's super easy, it's creamy, yummy and very low calorie too!

whipped cream:
milk* as much as whipped cream you want, I made a batch from 2 cups and yeah I ate it all :P
xanthan and guar gum
sweetener*
flavourings*

I use a big tupperware container, cause it expands some and it's easier not to make a huge mess of your kitchen. you put cold milk in the tuppeware sprinkle about half a teaspoon of both gums (I used them separately too, so if you are only having one you can still do it, but I find the flavour nicer when using both). now about milk- I usually use either 1 or 2% cows milk and it works well, 0% taste like water so I'd stay away from it.

 
so you blend it with your hand blender for about a minute. you can add sweetener and flavorings now if you want to. I made it without anything and loved the taste, but I also love the taste of plain yogurt. sometimes I make it with just a sweetener or sweetener and a drop of lemon juice, sweetener and cocoa, sf syrups work very well if you like them and capella drops are nice addition too!
now stick it to the freezer for 15-30 minutes and then blend again and voila! you have your whipped cream!
super low calorie too so feel free to eat the whole thing :P

2 komentarze:

  1. AWESOME!!! i got some xanthar gum that i have no idea how to use hahaha i will be trying this for sure!! yehaw! :-D

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. PS - r u on facebook??

    OdpowiedzUsuń